Moonpig Group has a history of innovation, growth and fun, evolving from a personalised greeting cards website into an international, cross-channel gifting platform.
The foundations for what would become Moonpig Group were laid in April 2000, when moonpig.com was launched as the UK’s first online card retailer. The original vision for Moonpig was to combine digital printing and the internet to enable customers to make a better card than they would find on the high street.
Over time, the Group expanded into card- attached gifting, growing its range to include flowers, off-the-shelf gifts and balloons.
In the period from 2018 to 2020, the Group invested to transform itself into the leading technology and data platform for gifting. Work to migrate Greetz onto this technology platform is expected to be completed by the end of 2022.
On 5 February 2021, the Company was admitted to the Official List of the Financial Conduct Authority and to trading on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market for listed securities. It became a constituent of the FTSE 250 in June 2021.
In July 2022, the Group acquired Red Letter Days and Buyagift, at which point the Group became the UK’s leading gift experiences platform. The acquisition accelerates our strategy to become the ultimate gifting companion to our customers.
- Moonpig launches in Ireland
- Moonpig Group acquires Red Letter Days and Buyagift, to become the UK’s largest gift experiences platform
- Greetz is successfully migrated onto the Moonpig technology and data platform
- Moonpig Group floats on the London Stock Exchange, and is included in the FTSE 250 index of leading UK companies
- Launch of Group Cards
- Completion of three-year technology and data replatforming
- Moonpig Group launches its ESG strategy
- The Moonpig brand celebrates its 20 year anniversary
- Moonpig launches e-cards
- Augmented Reality feature launched in the Moonpig app
- Moonpig launches Global Design Platform
- Kate Swann joins as Moonpig Group Chair
- Nickyl Raithatha joins as Moonpig Group CEO
- Greetz acquired by Moonpig Group
- Moonpig moves into a new award-winning HQ in the heart of London’s tech community
- Moonpig opens Manchester Technology Hub
- Moonpig launches Giant Cards
- Moonpig extends cards cut off time to 7:30pm, the latest in the UK
- Moonpig launches handwriting feature in its app
- Moonpig Group is acquired by Exponent Private Equity
- Greetz introduces same day delivery & Sunday delivery
- Greetz introduces personalised gifts
- Moonpig Android app launched
- Moonpig iOS app launched
- Greetz introduces flowers, chocolates and other gifts to its offer
- Moonpig launches in the United States
- Moonpig introduces gifts
- Moonpig launches its Australian site
- The launch of Moonpig’s first television campaign, featuring the iconic jingle
- Greetz is founded in the Netherlands
- Moonpig, the first online greeting cards business, is founded in the UK